Sunday, September 26, 2010

#16 Four-Cheese Macaroni and Cheese


Well I finally cracked the Saveur issue with four different recipes for macaroni & cheese.  This was the first listed and so I decided just to start from the top.  The vibrant orange colour wasn't from the cheddar (which was white) but from paprika, cayenne and (horror of horrors) Velveeta!  I think this was the first time I ever purchased Velveeta though I am guilty of buying this which comes with a Velveeta cheese sauce.  I think it made a pretty good addition.  The one thing I found a bit overbearing was the blue cheese.  It didn't call for much but I find that sometimes even a little blue cheese can be too much - as was the case here.  This was really delicious though and my family loved it. The recipe can be found here.


1 comment:

Annah said...

This is so sad to me. One, because it looks incredibly delicious. TWO, because I can't even make macaroni and cheese from a box. It just doesn't taste *right*